Sunday, April 11, 2010

April 11th, 2010

Hi Out There!

This week I finally summoned up the strength to start my spring liver cleanse. I have been keeping it basic, no sugar, no alcohol, some herbs and lots of greens! I feel good, for the most part, I haven't missed either too much. Just was hard when my husband opened up a nice bottle of red wine the other evening and today when my daughter wanted an ice cream cone at Taco Juan's. I just reminded myself that I am committed to this cleanse for 21 days and know that my body will be the healthier for it.

Noticed that I was a little more susceptible to feeling anxious or irritable in the first days, but it has already lifted a bit. I am at the end of day 5 and plan to go to day 21. I will keep writing to share what my experience is like in case anyone out there would like to join me.

For now, I have a recipe I would like to share with you all. The other night my friend Noel was over. We love to cook together and the other night came up with a great taco recipe. Here it is:

Kale, Black Bean, Goat Cheese, Japanese Yam, Cilantro Tacos!!!

ingredients:
kale, blanched with sliced red onions ( 1 bunch of kale and 1/2 red onion)
juice of a lime
cooked black beans (2 cups)
1/4 cup goat cheese
1 japanese yam baked to perfection (needs about 1 hour in oven at 350)
1 handful chopped cilantro
olive oil
6 tacos
1 avocado cubed

Blanche kale and red onions. Pour lime juice and one count of olive oil on kale. Set aside.
Fill taco shells with mashed yams, beans, goat cheese and kale, then heat to until goat cheese and all the taco fillings are warm.
Add cilantro and avocado.
Eat & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment