Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hi Everyone,

Today is day #11 of 21 on my spring liver cleanse. So just to recap, here's what I have been doing:

1.Staying away from all sugar & alcohol ( am having some fruit).

2.Adding more greens to my daily food.

3.Doing a liver flush every morning. Juice of one lemon, preferably organic, 1 tsp olive oil, pinch of cayenne pepper. I have it first thing when I go downstairs before any water or food.

4.Taking an herbal liver support supplement that contains, milk thistle, tumeric rhizome, Ch. Skullcap root & licorice root (if you have high blood pressure you should not take licorice).

5.Doing my best to redirect & deconstruct negative thinking with helpful, useful thinking.

6. Watching and being aware of the irritability that comes up and trying to let it go.

Yesterday I was inspired to make a soup with some leeks, potatoes, carrots, & asparagus. It came out really delicious so I would like to share it with you.

Spring Medley Soup:

1 tablespoon butter
3 leeks chopped
3 potatoes
3 carrots
3 cloves of garlic
1 bunch of asparagus chopped with end removed
Fresh herbs of your choice ( I had on hand cilantro, basil & rosemary)
shitake mushrooms washed & sliced
4 cups of water or stock
lemon

In a soup pot heat the butter and add leeks. Let cook for a few moment and then add potatoes. Let potatoes cook and then add carrots & garlic. Stir to make sure the contents don't get stuck to bottom of pot. After about 5 minutes add stock or water. Add salt & pepper. Let potatoes get soft and then add fresh herbs. While this is simmering, in another pan heat some butter and add the shitake mushrooms. Let get brown and then remove and add to soup. Add the asparagus to the soup pot. When asparagus is bright green, turn off soup and serve. If you like the zesty flavor of lemon, add a squeeze of fresh lemon to each bowl.

If you try this recipes, please let me know if you like it!




No comments:

Post a Comment