Sunday, April 18, 2010

Good Evening,

Okay, I am on day #12 of 21 of this cleanse and tonight I went off track a bit. I had made a yummy homemade vanilla ice cream cake sweetened with maple syrup and put raspberries and blueberries on top for a close friends we had for dinner tonight. I was planning on just having a bite but it tasted so good that I let myself have piece of it. I am a little disappointed that I let myself go off the cleanse but I know tomorrow I'll get back on track. My next feat is try to make a coconut based ice cream sweetened with stevia. I'll let you know how it comes out. The truth is I really haven't missed the sweets. I guess it's been a while since I have had any kind of sweet on a daily basis anyway, so not having them at all hasn't been so hard.

When I have craved sweet, cashew butter has really helped fix that. It is naturally sweet and creamy. I have indulged in 1/2 mashed banana with a teaspoon of cashew butter and ground flax seed on top. I know that sounds really strange but it tastes really sweet and has a cool, pudding like texture. Try it if you dare!

Okay, I would like to share with you some cleansing foods for your spring cleanse if you decide to go on one.

Radishes ( any kind but especially daikon): good to dissolve fat and break up mucus in the body.

Leafy greens (all kinds, especially the bitter ones). Kale, swiss chard, spinach, collards, red leaf lettuce, green leaf lettuce, romaine, bok choy, dandelion.

I will write with more cleansing foods tomorrow.

Good night,
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment