Monday, April 19, 2010

Hi Out There,

Day #13 of 21 on my spring liver cleanse. Feeling good today. I want to share that after I slipped last eve with some homemade ice cream sweetened with maple syrup, I was starving at 11pm and needed a snack. I was amazed because even though I had all those extra calories from the heavy cream and milk, my sugar must have peeked with the maple syrup and then dipped to make me hungry. I am sharing this because I haven't been hungry at night at all since I've been doing this cleanse and last night I was famished only 3 hours after eating this dessert. The theory that sugar makes you eat more is true (at least for my body).

Okay, I promised you some more cleansing foods. I figured it might be helpful to have a recipe for practicality. This is taken from Linda Page's "Cooking for Healthy Healing".

Evergreen Salad: this is good for skin, hair & eyes, digestive disorders, & liver power.
Good for 2 salads.

Mix 2 cups chopped mixed ( romaine, endive, chicory, spinach) 1 handful of each: watercress, parsley, and chives minced, and 2 cups green onions, minced.

Dressing: mix together juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 TB Dijon mustard, 1 TB sesame seeds, and 1 TB toasted sesame oil. Pour over salad.

Here's something to think about (taken from O magazine, from Dr. Phil):
Does the way you spend your time reflect what's important to you? Make a list of your top five priorities- marriage, children, work, volunteer work, etc. and track how many hours you devote to each in a week. If any numbers are too low, recalculate your time budget so you can live according to who you want to be.

Bye for now,
Lysa





1 comment:

  1. Lyse,
    I have not been brave enough to try the liver cleanse yet, but you have inspired me to make small healthy changes. I have definitely added more greens to my diet. Also I have been more aware of sugar in my diet. Usually sweets don't tempt me too much, but I was amazed to find them in so many things. If nothing else I am a bit more aware. Thanks for the inspiration. Looking forward to your classes at Bigstock.
    Keep up the fabulous work. Jacki

    ReplyDelete