Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hi Again,

Day #8 of spring liver cleanse. Today went well for the most part. I have to say I hit a wall at about 8:30pm tonight, but I don't think that had anything to do with the cleanse. I stayed up too late last night, was woken up too early by my 3 year old son & then had a nonstop action day & early eve.

Okay, I will keep it short as it is once again past my bedtime. In case you're wondering, my current ideal bedtime is 10:30pm. I read in my new favorite book "How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy" by Paul Chek, that we should go to sleep by 10:30. He writes that our bodies work on physical repair from 10pm-2am and then mental repair from 2 until sunrise. I have been trying for the last two months to do this but it is sometimes mission impossible. I do want to say that my burning the midnight oil hours have decreased quite a bit (I am almost never up until midnight anymore). This brings me to my next suggestions for eliminating negative thinking by Martha Beck.

Here we go :

Suggestion #3

"NEVER QUIT: always substitute. Bad habits fill needs, so find good alternatives to them. But remember, push-ups can't substitute for pancakes unless you love push-ups. Companionship, laughter, play-these things can sub for pancakes most of the time. And that's enough.

#4 Instead of planning to be perfect, plan to do a little better. Win 51 percent of the battles and you'll win the war".

That's what I have for today. Just a little recap of what I have been for my cleanse:
1. liver flush with 1 juice of a lemon, 1 tsp olive oil & pinch of cayenne first thing in the morning.
2. avoiding sugar & alcohol.
3. adding as many greens as I can to my meals.
4. trying to implement the "how to fix the broken record in your head" suggestions.

By the way, if you choose to join me on a liver cleanse you don't need to do it for 21 days. It is a great amount of time, but a week is super too. Any cleaning you for your body goes a long way. Just a thought....

Sweet dreams,
Lysa I.





No comments:

Post a Comment