Wednesday, April 28, 2010


Hi Everyone,

Here is the link for the ABC news coverage on the amazing 73 old female body- builder I was telling you about yesterday. You can thank my husband for this. He copied and pasted it for me and voila, here you go! Hope it works! Let me know what you think....

Okay, day #23 of #24. I feel kind of like a high school kid is going to graduate but doesn't really want to move on! I am happy not having sugar or alcohol and staying away from flour in general but especially white & wheat flour. I feel so good, I don't have a reason to go back. We'll see what happens. I also don't want to go over the top and start cutting everything out of my diet either so I become someone who obsesses about what I am going to eat ( no, I don't do that now, unless of course I am away and don't have my normal staples).

How are you doing? Has anyone started to implement my suggestions? I need some more comments from those who are reading. Let me know what's helpful so I can go more in that direction. This blog is for you really. It's fun for me too, but I am really doing it to inspire you to take care of yourselves and to believe that you can change your diet and that has the power to change your life. If you have the energy you need to do what you want to do, it will be that much easier. Makes sense doesn't it?

Here's a recipe for you to try, it's from the May/June Vegetarian Times from 2007

It's called "Flash Cooked Greens with Garlic and Lime"
2 tbs olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
8 cups baby spinach
4 cups arugula leaves
2 tsp lime juice
1 tsp red wine vinegar ( or apple cider vinegar, which is the healthier option)

Heat oil, garlic and pepper flakes in large skillet over medium heat. Cook 2 minutes, or until browned. Add spinach and arugula, and cook 1 minute, or until barely wilted and heated through, tossing with tongs. Remove from heat, and stir in lime juice and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and serve.

I'm sorry, I can't remember which Dr. Phil step we are on. I think it's step 4, so I am going to share that one with you. If it's repeat , forgive me. I'll check to make sure later that it's a new one. Here it is and remember it's part of his 10 step renewal plan.

#4 Who should be in your life? Phase out any so-called friends who offer only criticism and negative energy. Surround yourself with people you admire, who believe in you and want you to succeed.

I love that one! That's it for tonight!
Good night....
Lysa

2 comments:

  1. Lysa, I've been reading along with your blog since I saw your post on FB. Congrats on getting through three weeks! You've inspired me to do a three day cleanse I found in Natural Health magazine. It is very close to what you are doing, but adds in a cranberry elixir as well. I started drinking decaf green tea with lemon about two weeks ago and think that may be helping with my inflammation problems. It is definitely helping me to relax, which is a good thing! Thanks for sharing your passion for healthy living. Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe Ernestine! Holy Crow! I will never look that good when I am her age, but I guess I don't even have a chance if I don't start ...
    hmmm ... maybe tomorrow ....

    ReplyDelete