Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring Cleanse Day #15

Hi Out There!

I'm on day #15 of 21 on this spring liver cleanse. I have been gaining speed with this cleanse. Feeling more energized and able to tackle the tasks I need to during the day. For instance, instead of looking at something that needs to get done & thinking "I need to do that later", I am taking the minute to do it in the moment. It really helps alleviate the stress of worrying about what I need to get done. Does that make sense? I guess I am saying I am procrastinating less and doing more!

Made a Good Will run today of clothes & bedding that we were ready to let go of.

My food intake was pretty simple today but did manage to get a nice amount of greens in.

Here's a salad dressing I like to make as an alternative to a Balsamic Vinaigrette.

Lysa' Light & Spunky Salad Dressing
(this will be enough for a large salad able to feed 8 or so people)

1/2 cup olive oil
a little less than 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
juice of 1/2 of a grapefruit
sea salt to taste
pepper
fresh chopped cilantro or parsley ( if you have it, if not your favorite herbs)
1 teaspoon veganaise ( can be found in refrigerator section in the health food store, great alternative to mayonnaise.
2 pinches of stevia or 1/2 tsp maple syrup or raw honey your choice. ( I know these are not protocol when doing a liver cleanse because of the sugar, but I think this small amount is acceptable or skip it).
1 garlic clove just slightly crushed to let out flavor but still in one piece.

Put all the ingredients in a glass jar, mix up and let sit for a bit. When ready, shake again and serve.

Now, more from Dr. Phil: ( I am surprised to find how much I like his insights and suggestions).

Does your Blackberry ( 0r IPhone, laptop, etc.) get more attention than your family and friends? Resolve to switch off your gadgets during private moments so you can nourish personal connections with complete focus.

That's all for tonight, eat well & be well!
Lysa





No comments:

Post a Comment