Thursday, April 15, 2010

Wow, I am already at the end of day 9 out of 21 on this spring liver cleanse. I have to say it is flying by. If you are considering joining me, this would be the perfect time to come along for the detox ride! I must admit that I was nervous about drinking the liver flush tonic(see my previous post from two days ago) first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I now look forward to it. It really gives me a boost, it's very invigorating.

Here's my inspiration for the day. I just listened to a fantastic live tele-seminar with Connie Bennett Certified Holistic Counselor who has written a book called "Sugar Shock". She was a sugar addict for many years and kicked her habit 12 years ago. She helps people with their sugar issues and lectures all over the world. Her tele-seminar was super informative. Here's what I got out of it. Her approach is to "find sweetness in your life in different ways". So instead of just focusing on substituting healthier foods for the sugary foods, she also focuses on healthier activities. Connie's take on the sugar issue is that we focus too much on needing sweet in the form of food. We can get sweets from all the wonderful things in our life; our children, our spouse, our dog, our garden, exercising, etc.

I leave you with this question:

Where do you find sweetness in your life?
What could you do to create more sweetness in your life?

I almost forgot, remember how I mentioned getting enough sleep yesterday? One of the things she talked about was getting enough sleep. She interviewed a doctor named, Dr. Teitlebaum, and he stated that people who get less than 7-8 hours of sleep per night often carry 5-6 more pounds of weight on them then they need to. There's a good reason to go to sleep earlier! On that note, I will write again tomorrow with some more good stuff.

Sweet dreams,
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment