Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day #14 of 21 on this cleanse. It is getting easier & easier I have to say. Now that my body is used to life without sugar & alcohol it feels more level & calm. I should preface this with saying that I am not a big sugar head anyway (although I was for years) and I don't consume alcohol on a very regular basis. But something has changed in the way I feel for sure.

Today, my cleanse focused on physical cleansing. I took a spin class which was excellent, I sweat like crazy eliminating lots of toxins from my system. Then my 3 year old son and I went to the dump and got rid of stuff that has been hanging out on the side of our house for the last 6 months or so. My neighbors will be thrilled that they won't have to stare at that junk anymore! Later in the afternoon I had the pleasure of attending a Yoga/Pilates class which was excellent. It's been a long time since I have taken the time to stretch and then do the core strengthening that yoga and pilates offer. I have been focusing more on cardio & weights.

Cleansing foods I ate today:
Started with my liver flush, interesting enough it seems to be bringing up some mucus for me now (sorry that's kind of yucky to share but it's true. If it happens to you, you'll know it's normal).

I made a delicious raw kale salad for lunch with olive oil, brown rice vinegar, salt, shredded carrots, celery, cukes, red onion & raisins. To get the kale soft enough to chew comfortably you need to add the salt and oil and then massage the greens. It only takes a few moments to break down the cellular membrane of the kale to make it softer. Also, chopping the kale into bite size pieces really makes a difference too.

I also made some fresh ginger tea by just chopping up some ginger and putting it just boiled water. I let it sit for about a half an hour before drinking it. Really nice flavor.

I want to respond to a comment that my friend Jacki wrote. Adding greens is one of the best things you can do for your body. Greens offer so much in the way of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and life. They are cleansing, the chlorophyll in them provides nutrients for our blood. There is a book called "Glorious Greens". I love this name because that is how I think of greens.

Also, being aware of the sugar in foods is super important. Reading labels and staying away from foods that have added sugar is huge. Why do they have to put sugar in food? Because it's a cheap way of flavoring food. Another great reason to keep your diet full of whole foods that are not heavily processed. Thank you so much for sharing Jacki. Don't be afraid to start your cleanse. You can do it for as short as you want to. It's your choice. Keep up the good work and thanks for the words of encouragement.

Until tomorrow,
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment