Friday, April 23, 2010

Day #17

Good Evening,

Today is day #17 out of 21 on my spring liver cleanse. Have to say that it was a hard day. I went to sleep too late last night & then my dog woke me up at 3am to go out. I had a hard time going back to sleep. The kids woke up before I did and were quite loud so I didn't get my normal quiet time that I usually get in the morning. I felt kind of drained today but plodded through okay.

I went for the green tea this afternoon instead of water because I knew it was going to be a big afternoon & evening. That felt fine but it's the first time I have even really thought of caffeine in 17 days. I did go off protocol this eve when I went to an Indian restaurant with a friend tonight. I knew getting a dish without sugar in it would be pretty much mission impossible, so I just enjoyed it and even indulged in some nan filled with peas & potatoes. Very yummy, but was aware that I felt different afterwards.

Tonight my daughter was one of 100 local kids who performed a song in a benefit concert of Haiti. It was very beautiful to see & hear all the children. That was my inspiration for the day.
Children ranging from teenagers to 4th graders and even one pre-schooler sang beautifully together. When we come together in the name of compassion & community, amazing things happen.

I promise to post a recipe over the weekend. For now, drink your water, eat your radishes and greens and clear your space of something you don't need.

Here's # 4 of Dr. Phil's 10 step renewal plan: Who should be in your life? Phase out any so-called friends who offer only criticism and negative energy. Surround yourself with people you admire, who believe in you and want you to succeed.

Short but sweet tonight folks ( need some sleep). Hey, I am excited to have 6 followers now! Thank you for joining me. I promise to make it worth your while!!!

Eat well, feel great!
Lysa


No comments:

Post a Comment