Sunday, May 16, 2010

Listening to the body

Hi All Out There,

The end of another weekend, again!
Today I took a quick bike ride outside with my children. It was so much fun to be on a moving bike! I know that must sound strange, but I have only been on an indoor stationary bike for the last 3 years! My bike has been living over my garage and has had a flat tire and broken brakes for many years. It was quite a thrill to be outside, biking. I am so excited to go for a long bike ride. I have hybrid tires so they are also faster than my old mountain bike tires. I'll keep you posted with how my bike endeavors go!

For those of you who are wondering, I haven't had any alcohol yet. I have thought about it, but just haven't felt the desire yet to have a cocktail or glass of wine. Yesterday, I did have a taste of my son's ice cream cone. It tasted great, but I was happy with just that, a taste. For now, that's good. I need to say that being free of heavy duty sugar cravings is incredibly liberating. I think it takes a few rounds of giving up sugar in order for this to happen ( at least it did for me anyway). If you are thinking about limiting or eliminating sugar from your diet and need support, please comment and let me know. I will give you all the tools I have. Tomorrow, I will share a sight that I think is helpful too.

Here's an inspiring quote you all have probably heard or read but probably can't be repeated enough: "be the change you want to see". I love that one.

I'll write tomorrow and give a recipe.

Goodnight,
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment