Monday, May 3, 2010

Eating for Energy & Weight Loss class day.

Hi Everyone,

Today was a great day! I started it with going to a fantastic spin class. Then my son & I spent the afternoon together playing, cooking, me running after him as he biked on our street worried he was going to fall ( he's 3 and is very new to bike riding).

Tonight I led my "Eating for Energy & Weight Loss" class at our school. It was truly wonderful to spend the evening with a group of women who are wanting to make their health and happiness a priority! I look forward to doing more of these classes and maybe even doing some kind of monthly wellness support group.

Here's a recipe that I made a variation of tonight.


Marcello's Collard Greens with Chickpeas

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 small onion
1 lb. collards
sea salt
1 tbs. fennel seed
2 tbs wine vinegar ( I used apple cider vinegar)
1 can chickpeas
1-2 tsp canola oil ( I used olive oil)
Saute garlic and onions over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add chopped collards until they wilt. Add salt and fennel seed. Put chickpeas in. Add vinegar and salt. Serve immediately. If it sits, it will need a tiny bit more vinegar.


This recipe is from the Chakra, Mantra cookbook by Patricia Stein

Be well,
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment