Monday, December 31, 2012

Feel Good Monday New Year's Eve Post

December 31st, 2012

Feel Good Monday New Year's Eve Post

Hi Everyone,

Here we are at the end of another year!  As you make your New Year's resolutions for 2013,
keep this gem in mind that I learned about in my women's group.  Focus on the feeling of what you want  in 2013 instead of the form.  So, if you want to feel great in your body, focus on that and then consider how you will create "feeling great".  For me that  might look like in addition to eating well (lots of veggies, high quality proteins, small amount of grains) running/walking a couple of times a week, getting to my favorite spin class and incorporating some abdominal work and light weightlifting when I am at home.  Go for how you want to feel and then let that lead you to the actual doing to help get you there.  Make sense? Hope so!

Here is a great green smoothie recipe from Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Kitchen .  For more on her book check out my post from last week.

Crazy Sexy Goddess Smoothie
1 avocado (or almond butter, nut milk, coconut meat instead)
1 banana
1 cucumber
1 fistful of kale, romaine lettuce or spinach
coconut water or purified water (enough so you can blend)
Stevia to taste and or cinnamon/cacoa

Place all in blender and blend until ingredients are smooth.

Lysa's version of this ( I made this one day last year in an effort to nourish myself and be able to get out the door to work in 5 minutes. Was so happy I did, it was delicious!)
PS. I do a version of this with:
1 scoop Amazing Grass Berry Green Superfood powder
1 banana
1 handful of kale
1 tbsp almond butter
enough almond milk to be able to blend

It is a great energy booster and sweet treat/snack.

That's all for now!  Wishing you all a very happy and super healthy 2013!
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment