Monday, December 24, 2012

Feel Good Monday Merry Christmas Eve Post

Greetings Everyone,

Today I want to share a book with you that I bought for my niece who recently moved into
her first apartment in NYC.  It's called Crazy Sexy Kitchen by Kris Carr.  I could go on and on about Kris Carr and this book but I have vowed to keep my posts short and sweet and it is Christmas eve
and I have a lot to do, so I want to just share a paragraph of the book that I loved.  This is something
that I try so hard to share with clients and anyone who will listen but I never say it as powerfully as Kris does here.

"The kitchen has heart, soul, and powerful medicine.  It's not only fun to get to know this sacred space, it's truly liberating.  The goodness born in the kitchen will reach deep into the rest of your life- enriching your health, your home, and the planet."

How beautifully said is that?  And the coolest part is that is really true, I have experienced it first hand!

Kris is a vegan, I am not but I love vegetables intensely and make it my business to eat lots of them often.  I encourage to do the same!

In the spirit of Christmas, I am sharing two recipes today (instead of one).  Here is one from the Kris' book:

Crazy Sexy Kale Recipe:
1 bunch kale, shredded by hand
1 cup diced peppers, red, yellow or orange
1/4 cup parsley chopped
1 1/2 cup avocado, pit removed and chopped
2 tablespoons flax oil
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
sea salt to taste
pinch of cayenne

In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Massage and mix with your hands to "wilt" the kale and cream the avocado (this should only take a minute or two) and serve.

Here is a great recipe from a nutritionist Whitney Gerschke Johnson from www.trustyourgutnutrition.com

Merry Christmas Everyone!
xoLysa

Citrus Beet Salad


  • Beets
  • Basil
  • Beet greens
  • Orange-infused olive oil (or plain olive oil)
  • An orange

To Make:

  • Cut the greens off the beets.  Chop them and the basil finely.
  • Bake the beets until tender. (depending on size can take up to an hour).
  • Slice the beets into 1-inch size pieces.  Place in a bowl with the greens and basil.
  • Mix the juice from an orange and some orange-infused olive oil together and pour over the beets, greens, & basil.
  • Top with a touch of salt and orange zest.
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment