Monday, January 7, 2013

Feel Good Monday Post, Winter Cleanse Needed!

January 7th, 2013

Hi Everyone,

I almost made it through the holidays without getting pulled into the sugar vortex, but no such luck!
So, in an effort to return to my normal mostly sugar free state, I am about to embark upon a cleanse.
Since it's always easier to do something in a group, I thought I would reach out to those of you who read my posts and see if you would like to join me.

Now, before your knees start shaking, I will let you know that it won't be too radical.  My plan is to incorporate extra greens into my day by making a pot of a green soup, having salads and green smoothies and or veggie juices.  The following will be eliminated during the cleanse time:  wheat, sugar, alcohol, coffee and dairy except for sheep/goat cheese.  If that sounds too scary, you can pick from these food items what you think you can live without for 10 days and be okay with that.  My motto is even just adding extra greens and doing nothing else is still beneficial.  If you want to dive in with me, please do!

I am going to create an email group for the cleanse.  Those that are included will get a little note once a day during the 10 period.  Before we start, I will give you soup ideas, veggie juice and green smoothie ideas as well as green sides.  If you are a meat eater, you need to do your best to eat high quality meat at this time (it would be great to always do this).  Lots of water too!

I will start the cleanse on January 10th. If you would like to join me, please let me know and I will include you on the list.

The group members will also be able to chime if they would like to.  I have done a mini version of this before after leading a Spring Cleanse and Renewal Workshop and it was a lot of fun.  It should be done in the spirit of lightheartedness and exploration as opposed to drudgery and depravation. It is temporary and is just a nice way to clear out for the new year.  

There will be no fee for this guided cleanse as it will be a mutual supportive group.

Here is a great recipe from the Paleo Plan website www.paleoplan.com. Great resource for grain free recipes.  

I hope to hear from you!
:) Lysa


  • Spicy Spaghetti Squash 

  • 1 large spaghetti squash
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds
  • 1 Tbs coconut oil
  • 1/2 - 1 tsp ground chipotle
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
Instructions
  1. Bake for 45 minutes or so, until the squash is soft to the touch.
  2. Meanwhile, add the slivered almonds to a small saute pan over medium-low heat.  Stir constantly until they turn golden brown.  Note: the almonds will burn quickly if not stirred, or if left unattended!  Set aside.
  3. When squash is done cooking, remove it from the oven and cool until it can be comfortably handled.
  4. Turn the cut side up, and remove from the rind with a fork.  This should be done cross-wise, so the strands of squash fall out like spaghetti.
  5. Toss the spaghetti squash strands in coconut oil, ground chipotle, nutmeg and sea salt, and top with toasted almonds.  Great warm or cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment