Monday, August 27, 2012

Prescription for Wellness

Hello Everyone,

Here we are in the last week of summer before school starts.  What I have been thinking about it is what I need to have in my daily life ( by daily I mean regularly not necessarily every day).  What came to mind is that could also be called my "prescription for wellness".

Here's what came to mind:

  • time for introspection/ meditation/ journaling
  • mindful eating and eating well (lots of fresh vegetables, water, minimal sweets, flour products)
  • time for some kind of movement
  • meaningful work
  • playtime with my kids
  • quality time with my husband
  • time with close friends
  • making time for family

There's definitely more on my list, but these were the first that came to mind.  What is your prescription for wellness?  What makes you feel happy, calm & at ease?

Recipe for the week:

Simple Tuscan Kale Salad:
1 bunch of chopped finely kale (washed & dried)
sea salt
olive oil
currants
parmesan cheese
balsamic vinegar or lemon

1. Place washed & chopped kale in bowl.  Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on kale.  Drizzle a one count of olive oil on kale & the juice of 1/2 lemon.  Massage the kale with the oil, lemon and salt for one to two minutes.  The kale will get juicy.  Add two tbsp of currants and 1/4 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.  Enjoy!

Have a great week!
Lysa


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to have in http://www.trimnutrition.com my daily life ( by daily I mean regularly not necessarily every day).

    ReplyDelete