Monday, April 7, 2014

Feel Good Post: A day in the life of the Spring Cleanse


Hi Everyone,
I have had a few people ask me what exactly the Spring Cleanse going to entail other than the eliminating of certain foods. This is a great question and sorry to not have thought of that myself!
The Spring Cleanse (as do all my cleanses) will focus on the foods of the season.  Because I like to incorporate Traditional Chinese Medicine into my work, I use the 5 element theory to guide the cleanses.  In TCM, the organs of spring are the liver and gallbladder.  We will use this cleanse to focus on cleansing and nourishing the liver and gallbladder.   The emotion of this season is anger and the color is green. The flavor is sour (although we use the taste of sweet as well).  The foods we focus on this cleanse will be young greens, sprouts, asparagus, cauliflower, radishes, dark leafy greens, and many more veggies. The grains of this season are oats, millet, quinoa, brown rice and buckwheat.  We will keep to plant sources of protein and for those who would like to include animal protein: fish and poultry.

Still unclear as to what we might be doing? Here is a sample menu plan of a cleanse day.  Please note that I provide a few options for each meal because we are all different in what feels good to us food wise.

Choose from one of the following for each meal

Breakfast:
Green smoothie/ breakfast quinoa/ paleo muffins (eggs with veggies)
Lunch:
Watercress salad  with sunflower sprouts, chickpeas, and sunflower seeds & ½ sweet potato/  Pureed curried carrot soup
Dinner:
Red Lentil Coconut Stew/ Steamed asparagus with broiled halibut and brown rice

Snacks will be kept to veggies/fruit and or a small amount of nuts.

Also, it’s good to keep in mind that while I provide you with a variety of meal choices, if you are the kind of person who does best with making one or two large batches a particular meal (like the curried carrot soup), you can eat that for several meals. I tend to do a couple large batches of dishes so that I have them on hand during the week. I also like to wash a large amount of salad greens so I can make a quick salad without a fuss.

*** Please note that if you prefer to not use any of the recipes/meal ideas that is fine too. You are free to do your own version of the cleanse using the list of foods I will provide you with to include and avoid.

What can you hope to get from the cleanse?  Here are a few things people shared from the winter cleanse.
Having a renewed sense of excitement about food
Having much more energy
Increased happiness
Losing a few pounds
Many people really loved the online community support as well.  I hope that helps gives a better picture of what the cleanse will be like.  Please email me if you have any further questions or would like to sign up, Lysa.Ingalsbe@gmail.com

I am working on getting pay pal on my website so I will keep you posted as to when it is up. You will have two choices of payment: you can either pay me with a check ($25) directly or you can use a credit card through pay pal. Because pay pal takes a small percentage, the cost for the cleanse if paid by credit card will be $28.

To pay by check, the address is 30 Nissen lane, West Hurley, NY, 12491.

Okay, that’s all for now!
Happy Monday to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment