Sunday, December 1, 2013

Feel Good Sunday Post: Tips for Getting Back on Your Game After Thanksgiving

Hi Everyone,

Despite my best efforts to not overeat on Thanksgiving, the two "slivers" of pie I opted for after the
Thanksgiving meal, sent my system over the edge into that place of food overload. I did get outside the next day for a brisk walk but I indulged in more pie over the weekend and am now feeling the effects of it.  So…. time to get back on my game.  In case this happened to you too, I want to share what I will be doing this week to re-focus after my holiday break.

Tips for Lightening Up:

  • Water, water, water…  lots of it- think of it cleansing your system
  • Movement- every day- walks, pilates, yoga (at least 30 each day- my personal goal will 
  • Less grains, more vegetables and protein
  • Extra sleep
  • Focusing on all the blessings of life- nature, friends, family, food, home, clothes (so many)
Last night I made a simple, delicious beet/carrot salad that will probably come in handy these next couple of days as the sugar works its way out of my system and the cravings for sweet call to me.
I am sharing the recipe in case you want to give it a whirl.  It will help satisfy your sweet tooth while giving you nourishment!  

 Beet Carrot Salad with an Asian Twist
1 medium beet- grated
2 carrots- grated
2 scallions- chopped finely
sunflower seeds- toasted
black sesame seeds-ground (1/2 tsp)
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tsp rice vinegar
1/4-1/2 tsp ume vinegar or tamari if you don't have ume
Fresh juice of one lime

Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!  

Last night I stumbled upon a poem that I want to share with you written by Mitch Ditkoff, a Woodstock poet.
"May I stay here forever
 in this perfect place of 
peace with you-
the sacred space between
in breath and out."

Enjoy your week!
Lysa






No comments:

Post a Comment