Sunday, December 29, 2013

Feel Good Sunday Post: Join the Winter Cleanse: Vitality and Clarity for 2014

December 29th, 2013

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!  As we bring 2013 to a close, the promise of a New Year flirts with us playfully.   As you begin to think of all you hope for in the New Year, I would like to invite you to start it off with vitality and clarity.  
.
Join me in starting off 2014 doing an online Winter Cleanse for 10 days. Please see below for details:

  • 10 days starting from January 5th-14th
  • During the cleanse we will eat lots of cooked vegetables with a focus on warming soups and stews.
  • We will avoid all or your choice of the following: refined sugar, alcohol, coffee/ black tea,
white and wheat flour, processed foods, dairy
  • When you sign up for the cleanse, you will receive a proposed menu plan with a shopping list by January 2nd so you have time to prepare for the cleanse.
  • During the 10 day period, you will be part of a group email where you will receive daily emails from me checking in on the group and sharing my own experience during the cleanse.  
  • On the daily note, you will also receive exercise ideas and reminders to move your body. It is my personal goal to incorporate movement each day during the 10 day period.  

I have created a menu plan focusing on root vegetables and dark leafy greens that are particularly supportive in the winter months.  I am giving a variety of breakfast options as I know some people find they feel better with a lighter breakfast like a veggie juice or green smoothie while others prefer a hot cereal or eggs.  I have included a couple of baked goods that are wheat/gluten free.  The cleanse can be done whether you are a vegan or omnivore.  You can also keep it more Paleo or include grains.  

Here is a sample day of the cleanse:

  • Breakfast: Coconut Almond Smoothie (there will be 6 smoothies to choose from) /Quinoa Porridge/ Breakfast Casserole
  • Lunch: Cream of Greens Vegetable Soup
  • Dinner: Chipotle Black Bean Stew or Chicken Vegetable Stew

Here are some reasons to cleanse:
  • increased vitality
  • greater sense of well being
  • clearer skin (maybe even a glow)
  • weight loss ( I cannot promise this, but many people lose a few pounds)
  • clearer thinking
  • inspiration to eat healthier after the cleanse
  • increased work performance (this will most likely take a couple of days)
  • feeling more even keeled throughout the day (less energy dips and moodiness)
Ready to start 2014 feeling your best (ok, it’s true you may experience a couple of rough days initially)? You can sign up by sending me an email: Lysa.Ingalsbe@gmail.com .  Once you do this, I will add you to the group email list that I am creating for the cleanse. Please specify whether you would like to be bcc’d during the cleanse or whether you are ok with your email showing.  If you would like to correspond with the group, your email will need to show.  It is your choice.  Also, please send a check or money order for $25 to Lysa Ingalsbe, 30 Nissen lane, West Hurley, NY 12491. If you have a friend you think would be interested in joining us, please forward this message!  My goal is to have the menu plan and shopping list sent to you by January 2nd, so the sooner you sign up, the quicker I can add you to the email group.  

Lastly, if you would like to do the cleanse but don’t have time to cook new recipes, you can simply incorporate the foods that are suggested and stay away from the elimination foods.  I often wind up doing a combination of using the cleanse recipes and using meals that are part of my normal routine on busier days.  I hope to hear from you soon!  

Let’s make 2014 a year of inspired and healthy living!

Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment