Monday, April 8, 2013

Feel Good Monday Post: Feeding Joy

April 8th, 2013

Good Morning Everyone,

Life has been busier than usual lately and I have found myself struggling with the head of "I want to hide under my covers and make it go away" versus " I can do this, I am a superhero.  My best tactic however, seems to be staying in the moment of now and doing what is needed.  Last night, I went to my precious women's group where we watched part of the movie, "The Secret".  The movie is fascinating, and I think very much worth watching.  What struck me most about it, was the emphasis on "following our joy".  Ahhh.... this is why I need to be more careful with over scheduling.  When I over commit, my joy factor goes WAY down.

So, this is my theme for the week, "feeding my joy".  For me, this will mean, making sure I get some exercise in (even it's a 10 minute run),  having "play" time with my family, , eating my greens ( I know it's nerdy, but true),  and remembering my dreams.

What brings you joy?  How can you fit in it into your daily life?  If you focused on the joy factor in your life, how would you feel? Where might it lead you?  What would increased joy in your life bring those around you?

Many years ago, I had a bumper sticker on the dashboard of my card entitled, "don't postpone joy!".
This is a good mantra for us all to live by!

As we move into spring and prepare our bodies to release what it needs to from winter, it is a great time to focus on eating more greens.  Here is a simple, yet delicious watercress salad recipe for you that I am planning to make today.

Lemony Watercress Salad
1 bunch watercress ( washed)
1 cucumber, chopped your favorite way
1/4- 1/2 avocado, sliced
dried cranberries (or currants, cherries, raisins)
radish (I love daikon), sliced
lemon vinaigrette (lemon, olive oil, garlic and mustard)
'
Place watercress, cucumber, avocado, cranberries and radish in bowl.
Make dressing by juicing a lemon and measuring.  Whatever amount of juice you get, use about double the amount of olive oil. Add just a bit of Dijon mustard (less than 1/4 tsp). Whisk together.  Add salt and pepper and a mashed garlic clove. Let sit for a few minutes and then remove garlic and serve.

Have a joy filled week!
Lysa




No comments:

Post a Comment