Monday, March 11, 2013

Feel Good Monday Post: Greenify your Life!

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I went to the St. Patrick's day parade. Everywhere I looked, green could be seen!
I thought I would take this opportunity to write about "greenifying your life".  What does this mean?  My suggestion is that you make it mean bringing more "green" into your routine....

Adding Green could mean:

  • bringing more dark leafy greens to your plate
  • adding 1 tsp of liquid chlorophyll in your water
  • drinking green tea
  • getting outside more
  • being more conservative with your use of disposable plastic bags, etc
  • making some green smoothies
  • having a daily salad
  • connecting with the green that is inside of you (the more tender, optimistic you)
  • snacking on celery
I am guessing I could go on and on.  What does greenifying your life mean to you?  Please feel free to comment or reply to me.

After coming home from the parade, I felt inspired to make something with the cabbage I had in the fridge. I wound up making an Asian style salad that was super simple and yummy.  

Here is the recipe:

Lysa's Sweet & Crunchy Sesame Cabbage Salad
3 or 4 cups of shredded cabbage
1 small apple chopped
handful of raisins
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp Mirin (rice cooking wine)
sea salt or 1 tsp tamari
1/2 cup shredded carrot (optional)
pinch of cayenne (optional)
handful of toasted pumpkin seeds

Mix all the above together in a bowl and serve.
Crunchy, sweet, chewy and a little tangy!!!  

Have a great week...
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment