Monday, March 25, 2013

Feel Good Monday Post: Focusing on what "we can" do!

Good Morning Everyone,

I am writing to you from Vermont, where we are visiting some family and having a mini ski vacation.
It is a beautiful snowy winterland here.  I have surrendered to the extended version of winter this year, and for that reason, am able to enjoy the snow!

Skiing brings up a lot of fear and anxiety for me which puts me in a less than powerful place to say the least.   Yesterday, while I started going into my self criticizing place, I was able to pause those thoughts and realize how awesome it was that I was actually skiing and working with my fears.  I decided that I could either complain at myself for being so fearful OR I could focus on how cool it was that I making an effort and I could enjoy myself as much as possible.

As a result, I spent the day with my kind sister in law who patiently and lovingly spent the day on the easy trails with me and showed me how to open my chest during skiing, and move my hips side to side for an easier motion.  There were a few moments yesterday when I actually felt relaxed and at ease skiing.  I felt the breeze brushing against my face as I went down the mountain.  I saw the snow on the trees and smelled the fresh, wintry air (usually, I am focused on not hurting myself).

Today,  I look forward to getting back on the trail and opening myself to the possbility of what I "can" experience.

Let me ask you- where in your life can you focus on what "you can" do?  Where can you find a place in your life to open yourself to?  Where are you focusing on "can't" instead of "can"?

With your food, are you focusing on what you are doing to increase the healthy foods?  When we do this, the less healthier foods fall away.

Let today be a day to bring more of what you want into your life.  More love, more joy, more nourisment.  Enjoy this day as it is and keep open to the possibilites of where that might bring you!

Below is a super simple recipe for a lunch that I made two days in a row because I loved it so much.

I hope you try it and enjoy it!
Lysa

Broiled Asparagus with Garbanzo Beans and Goat Cheese
1 bunch of washed, ends chopped off pencil thin asparagus
1 can of garbanzo beans (BPA free)
1/2 cup of crumbled goat cheese
splash of  extra virgin olive oil
sea salt and pepper to taste

Set over on broiler mode.  Place asparagus on cookie sheet or glass pyrex dish.  Coat asparagus with a splash of olive oil.  Mix to get all asparagus covered.  Sprinkle sea salt and pepper.  Place under broiled until asparagus is a bit tender.  Take out and then add garbanzo beans and goat cheese.  Set timer for 3 minutes, when timer goes off, check to see if goat cheese has browned.  If so, take out, if not, set timer again for another 2 minutes.  Take out and place in bowl.  Quick and delicious!

This is good for 2-3 servings depending on how hungry you are.




No comments:

Post a Comment