Saturday, January 8, 2011

Muffin splurge

Hi Out There,

Well, I started my New Year's cleanse on January 2nd ( avoiding alcohol and sugar). The week went fine without any cravings. Yesterday, my husband brought home my favorite muffins (Morning Glory) from a great local pancake spot. Not thinking about the cleanse, I took a bit out of the muffin and immediately remember as I was swallowing its deliciousness! So, wanted to share that. There was a part of my mind that said, "since you had some muffin, you might as well as have a glass of wine tonight". Lucky for me, I know that voice, it's the one that says, "since you had a cookie, you might as well have some ice cream". It's not a voice I listen to often and it's one that leads me to feeling not good in and about my body. So I ignored it and continued on the rest of my day.

My husband who is a wine lover, has joined me this week. It hasn't been easy for him, but he is happy he has been doing it for this temporary period.

Here's a thought to ponder: What are you ready to cleanse from your life even temporarily? What new thing, thought, feeling are you ready to try?

Patience and perseverance are on the top of my list along with courage. Patience with myself and my children. Perseverance with my business, personal fitness goals, computer skills, getting my house organized, getting my kids to school on time, and the courage to face the variety of fears I typically like to hide from. That's what I would like to try.

Foodwise, I would like to add trying a new recipe once a week. I will share with you! What's on your list? Write in and share it with me.

All the best,
Lysa

2 comments:

  1. Lysa, I added a raw beet salad this week! I can't find the recipe at the moment but it had grated beets, fresh herbs and orange juice. Very yummy. Thanks for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing in March! Yes, that is what I am hoping will do with this. Add new veggie recipes, cut something out that leaves them feeling sluggish. Cool! I love grated beet salad. You can add carrot and ginger to that too and it's also quite tasty. xoLysa

    ReplyDelete