Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Holiday Detox/New Year Cleanse!

Hi Out There!

Happy New Year to you! I did a decent job this year of not eating too many holiday sweets but certainly indulged more than I had planned. Also found myself having a glass of wine or so each night over the 10 days that I spend with family during the holidays.

So for me that means that by the end of it I wasn't feeling like myself. Sluggish, and puffy, not good! That prompted me to think about what I wanted to feel in the New Year. Here's what came to mind: energized, strong and clear! So, I am on my third day of no alcohol or sugar and feeling like I am returning back to my spunky self again.

I invite you to do a 3, 7 or 21 day cleanse with me. Give your body a break for a bit.
Start with these simple steps:
1. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water a day.
2. Get 1/2 hour extra of sleep per night (it's winter, you need it)
3. Move your body as often as you can: take the stairs instead of the elevator, park further away from wherever you are going to get the extra walk. Go to the gym, dance at home, take a zumba class (which I did today for the first time, very fun and sweaty). You get the point.
4. Try eating 1/4 protein, 1/4 starch and 1/2 veggie on your plate.
5. Avoid alcohol and sugar this week or couple of weeks.
6.Make the effort to spend some time reading, writing, meditating.

Feel free to write in, would love to start a healthy New Year's trend!
Cheers to your healthiest self!
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment