Sunday, February 6, 2011

Flu Buster Tonic for those in need

Hi Everyone,

I have let some time go between writing (again!), but here I am back in action. I was speaking with a friend who has been struggling with a persistent cold/flu the last couple of weeks which made me think of the "Flu Buster Tonic" from Renee Loux's the Balanced Plate book. I may have posted the recipe for this last year, but I want to do it tonight for those who did n't see it and just in case I didn't!

1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1-2 cloves garlic (if you dare)
1/4 cup shredded ginger
2 teaspoons wasabi powder ( I never have this so I skip this ingredient)
1-4 tablespoons raw honey

In blender, combine the vinegar, garlic and ginger and blend until smooth. Pour through a fine strainer and press with the back of a spoon to extract as much juice as possible. Discard pulp.

Whisk in the wasabi, cayenne, and honey. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator. Serve 2 tablespoons at a time on an empty stomach. Add to 1 cup hot water for a warming tonic.

I usually omit the wasabi and squeeze fresh lemon juice into this tonic as well. I also just put all the ingredients in the blender except the lemon juice (squeeze that in at the end). It really does work wonders if you feel like you are getting sick or if you are sick, it speeds up the process.

The Balanced Plate cookbook is an amazing resource of healthy and delicious recipes, healing tonics, macrobiotic guidelines, healthy cleaning product recommendations and much more!

Good night!
Lysa

1 comment:

  1. The judicious addition of whiskey can also be efficacious, I have found (after extensive research).

    ReplyDelete